Thursday, January 14, 2016

Mid month check in.

It is good month since I started a year in health. How do you measure success? I should've found my tape measure and did some body measurements but I didn't. Sorry about that. I do have a scale that goes to my fitbit that I really like. Not only can I watch the weight on the scale but it also measures body fat. This scale logged into my fit bit dashboard on their website. It takes about two weeks before you really start seeing anything so this is a good check-in point.

Because I started this right after Christmas numbers kind of get distorted. How many of us gain a few pounds over Christmas and then when you lose it how do you really counted it. I am just going to count to everything from January 1st. I have  140.1 and 36.2% body fat. Today I am down to 134.7 and 35.8% bodyfat.  It really takes a lot of work to get body fat to go down.

 I am watching the fox 6 in the morning with the proper placement of hands for doing a plank. This is really good information I would try this tonight when I go to the gym. I am hoping my brother-in-law will be at the gym tonight.
It is really hard to find a good workout partner that is devoted to fitness and this is why most people hire trainers. A trainer has to be there because you are paying them, It's their job. I'm sure your boss would not be happy if you showed up to work only on the days you felt like it. When you look at your workout partner you also have to think of what kind of workout partner you are. I tell you there are days I just don't want to go to the gym. If you really think about it I go to work because I get paid, I need to think not so much about money coming in but the lack of money going out when I go to the gym.
And eating healthy is a form of prevention and you don't see the benefits of these efforts until you stop. Most people talk about when things go wrong like I'm sick, I'm out of shape, I'm tired, you know the list. You never hear people say I have a bad case of non-heartburn or none tired due to sugar overload,
Have you ever gone into the dressing room to try on a new outfit and just said I'm just too in shape for this outfit? Prevention is just something we never realize until it's gone but it is so worth it.
Have a great day and have a great day and do something positive for your health.

No comments: