Friday, January 1, 2016

BMI VS bodyfat%

http://www.livestrong.com/article/77106-bmi-vs.-body-fat-percentage/
Let me test this.
The two factors used to determine your BMI are your height and weight.
The formula to get your BMI score is (Your weight in pounds x 703) ÷ (Your height in inches x Your height in inches). The results of your BMI score are determined as follows: Below 18.5 is underweight; 18.5 to 24.9 is normal; 25.0 to 29.9 is overweight; and 30.0 or higher is obese.

at 5 foot and 140 this puts my BMI at 27.3
I used https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm.
I just googled it.
So if I play with this a little I should be able to find a normal weight that will put me at a good BMI
Max weight would be 128 pounds for me.  I would be considered still in the range at 96 pounds.  This would not be a good look on me.  I am thinking what this would look like is those people that run and look like they have no muscle development.  

The results of your body fat percentage are determined as follows:

For women, 10 to 12 percent is essential fat; 14 to 20 percent is in the athlete category; 21 to 24 percent is fit; 25 to 31 percent is acceptable; and 32 percent or more is obese.

For men, 2 to 4 percent is essential fat; 6 to 13 percent is in the athlete category; 14 to 17 percent is fit; 18 to 25 percent is acceptable; and 25 percent or more is obese.


So as of right now I am obese on the Bodyfat and overweight on the BMI.

On the last Biggest Loser, Rachel Got a big reaction when she walked out on the stage and weight in just over pounds. I think she won the season at 105 pounds.  I don't remember how tall she is.Okay I looked it up she is 5 foot four. Let's put that into our calculator and find out where her. BMI would be.Okay results of my test, it says she would be at an 18.0 BMI which is just under the 18.5 which is considered the lower limit of normal. This would be a very hard BMI to maintain. Most bodybuilders and other people you see in fitness pictures fluctuate more than you would think. I do see in one article she gained 20 pounds up to 125. I will check with her BMI goal is to when you use the weight 125.  At 125 it puts her in 21.5 BMI. It kind of gives you a better idea of where you might sit on the scale and what your goals should be.
I hope this helps answer your question of what these numbers stand for and if these goals would be realistic for your life.This would be something that is kind of fun to Google and find out for yourself. At one point you have to accept the fact you will not have that long lean model if you are 5 foot tall. Models are of minimum of 5' 8", 5'10".  Jillian Michaels is 5 foot and is a killer shape but her body torso will never look like a 6 foot tall models torso.

Sorry Jillian.



No comments: