Monday, October 1, 2012

Oct 1 day 1

Day 1 is always a good day.  So I was laying in bed thinking about how I could go back to sleep when I thought "hey, nothing will help me reach my goal by staying in bed."  If you want to train for a 5K you have to run it a few times before race day.  So I got up.  I got a few challenges done and by the end of the day I had all my striiv challenges done.  I did get 11,000 steps in today.  I did have to look to see if there are any communities for the striiv on the net.  Nothing really fun that I could see.  Oh well maybe I will check out what my sparkpeople striiv friends are up to.
I do have to quick log my food for today.
I did have left over fruit from yesterday so I had that with some peanutbutter for both breakfast and lunch.  I then made this rice and bean package dish and added some pork to it.  I put it on salad.  I thought it was really good.
I am guessing is that I am at about 1400 calories.  It is more important that I logged everything over how many calories.  It is best to just get in the habit of entering foods.  Next month we can look at all the foods and make adjustment then.  The month of October is to learn how many calories are in the foods we eat.  I want you to look at something and say I ate about 1 cup of rice and beans and put 3oz of pork in it not I have to figure out how I can log these food items so I stay in the calorie range.  It is better to go over than to lie.  I do need to keep my blogging to a minimum . I do have a problem blogging to much and getting nothing else done.

No comments: