Thursday, October 18, 2012

Oct 18

I can't call this day 18 because on day 10 I had a small setback that knocked me to the floor.  I stepped on the scale and there was 5  old pounds back.  I couldn't believe it.  Where did these 5 come from?  I had 1 cookie.  It wasn't fare.  Not only did I fall off the wagon, toss in the towel, give up cave, just give up, I felt I let my fellow healthy eaters down.  Then to make things worst I was so bummed out I had to follow the 96% of the people that give up and I added a few more pounds on.

I was chatting with someone about how easy it is to follow a eating/ workout plan when things are going good but the minute something doesn't go right and we have to kill the whole program.  Really think about this, you eat healthy work out, feel great, live happy and then 1 day you go to get out of bed and you stub your toe so what do you do?  Sit on the couch for days if not weeks and eat cookies and pizza? 

So it is back to the striiv.  I got all my challenges in yesterday and today.  One of the challenges I had to do was 1000 steps in 10 min.  I tell you I was running.  I put it up to 6.5 for at least 30 seconds,  Most of these steps I had to do at 5.0 or a little more.  There was no slacking.  For a short amount of time I had it at 4.0.  I guess there is a reason they call them hard challenges.  After that I had to do 100 stairs.  I got it done.  I do feel so much better.

So what keeps us motivated?  I don't know.  I think you really have to have a personal goal that you keep holding in front of you.  Everyday you look at your goal and say "I want that".  Nothing can get in your way you just keep plucking away.  It's like going up a muddy hill, sometimes you slide backwards.  You may start out on a sunny day thinking this is going to be a breeze, everything looks good in front of you till there is a rock in the path. then a hill, and then you get hot and tire, then it rains and you want to quit.  Well maybe you need to just take a break.  Do you run back to the start line???  I hope not.  So what I am doing after sliding a little down that muddy hill?  I am putting on my rain coat.

I also ordered the fit mama's core DVD.from FitMomsForLife.com.   I think it will be really fun.  I did e-mail Dustin to tell him I was going to give him a review on my blog and he said "send me a link"  So I will. 
I think this might be tough but did I ever think it would be easy?  No.

You will be the first to know how it goes.

Lynn

No comments: