Sunday, September 30, 2012

October 2012

This has to be the perfect new habit month.
1. All big summer parties are over.
2. Vacation is over
3. Hunting hasn't started
4. The first day of the month is on a Monday.

So what's our goals for the perfect month? 
1. Log what we eat on what ever you want; sparkpeople (free), other online tracker, notebook, Calender, scrap of paper and stay within your calorie set.
2. Do 30 min of something.  2 mile walk,  I will be trying to get my 3 striiv challenges done.
3 Print out any kind of calendar so you can see it.  Put 1 kind of marking on it if you  it got goal 1 finished for the day.  I have a pineapple stamp
4. Put a mark on the calendar if you got goal 2 done.

This is all we are going to work on this month; getting in the habit of tracking and walking those 2 miles.

We will add something else next month.

At the end of the month we will be looking at our calendars.  We will be asking
1. what was more important than reaching my health goal?
On the days you don't do your 1/2 hour or track your food I want you to write what you did instead.  If you write sleep in 20 of the boxes then we need to look at your sleep habit.  If it says computer.  Was it productive computering or was it time wasting?
If it says watch TV.  You can look at those habits.
What ever it is you will now know why you have not changed your health.  I could say from last month I have put as a priority  watching TV and playing cards on the computer.
The reason I have not lost weight or reached my goal is because I have a form of spoiled brat syndrome.  I also have a case of things are going on in my world I have no control on so I tossed in the towel on everything.
I think this is a case of tossing out the baby with the bath water.  It is time to look at what we can change and take control of those things and live with the things you can't.  If you can't change it how can you live with it without it over taking you.

OK lets really look at this.  So someone brings in candy.  You say you can't pass the jar with out putting your hand into it so you figure you whole day is blown and you might as well eat a pizza with double extra cheese as a snack on the way home to make dinner.  
How stupid does this really sound when you read it again.  How lets try something.  Tell your self that sugar gives you headaches.  When you stick your had in the jar, tell yourself again, sugar gives me headaches but I like headaches and eat it.  Next time tell your self the same thing  but then ask your self if you want that headache.  You have a choice.  You can change out the headache word for, rotten teeth, gutach, unballanced hormones, mood swings,

Trust me, pretty soon you will be saying,   UUUMM  I don't think I want a good case of mood swings today.
Get ready for day 1 and don't forget to put a gold star on the calendar at the end of the week.

If I was to tell you that you can have 1 day off per week could you use it as a day off and not as a day to pig out??
So now you got 1 day per week to not get your 30 min. i and 1 day per week not to have to log what you eat.  You should have no little pigs on your calendar but if you do, STOP!!  Stop right there and say 1 in 31 isn't the end of the world but it is not something I wan to repeat.  It's when you repeat that makes habits. 
We are looking to create good healthy habits not repeating poor negative habits

No comments: