Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sept. 9, 2012

So you ask what is new in the world of chatthefat and where have I been? Well I have been trying to avoid the fact that this isn't working for me.

So what do you do? As my husband say you pray to God and ask for the strength to accept the things you can't change and give you the strength to change the things you can.



So what does this mean?? Do you also remember the joke that goes something about John being on his roof during a flood and he keeps saying God will provide? A person comes by in a truck and John says God will provide, another in a canoe to offer a ride and John says -God will provide, Some one comes by in a boat and john says God will provide. Well John gets to the pearly gates and ask why God didn't provide. The answer was, he did. I sent you a truck, a canoe and a boat.

So how does this relate to weight loss?? Well God is providing. He gives us good and healthy foods, the great outdoors to walk in, and the love of most of your fellow man to support you in your quest. So what is our problem? We have people in this world that want to sell us stuff. We like it and buy it. Then, because we can, we buy a lot of it and we do and we eat a lot of it. This is where the once for special occasions are now everyday and there is nothing special. Pleases tell me if store cookies are as good as the ones you make from scratch? I think not. Then why do we eat them? Why do we settle. Now I have to admit there are some really good things we can buy that are better than we can make but please tell me what good do they do for the body? If you are telling me that it is a form of sugar that makes you happy we need to really look at the whole picture of your life. Is sugar really going to change the other things that are going wrong and we want to change in our lives? Sugar is like going to the movies. You go, you have a good time but sometimes you come out with soda on your shirt, salt and butter on your fingers, gum on your shoes. There are side effects. So I ask, can we go to the movies once in a while? Yes. Can we live at the movies? No. What would the side effects be if we lived at the movies? Are you seeing where I am going with this?

So we went to the movies a few to many times, what do you do about it? First we need clean your eating habits then change your activities and last clean or change your shoes.

I did have more to this post but then I lost it when I went to post it. I did have every good intention but without knowing it I lost it. What am I really saying? What was my plan? Did I forget some of the small details like save? What happens when you forget or are too lazy to pack a lunch?
So we are on our journay of our better direction.
My best to you and let's step our best foot forward.

No comments: