Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

So it is a new year YYYAAAA. Happy New Year!!!!
What is your new years resolution?  Is it the same as last year?  If it didn't work last year, why would it work this year??
(remember I chatthefat and mostly fat)
Here's some of the reasons it will work this year
1.  you have a support group that won't slack on you.
2. You have a support group that doesn't judge.
If you don't have an internet support group check out sparkpeople or one of a few other support groups.  Sparkpeople is a free site if you like.

So you are all set and ready.  I have Dustin's Core DVD that I am ready to test out and give you a review on.  I also have a new striiv challenge set up on spark. 
At the gym I am at they have a body pump class on Wed. at 6.  This works for me and my workout buddy. 

I think I will post a Fit mamas post and just keep updating it. 

I am going to take a 2 day class on social media and blogging to enhance my blog abilities.  I think I will post some food ideas.  We all know I am a big supporter of at-least 1 big spinach salad a day.  As you track your food or should I call it just as it is... your nutrition.  So what kind of nutrition are you planning to feed your body for 2013?  What are you expecting from your body in return?  If you need to post a reminder of things that don't work, post some place you can see often "If I feed my body sugar I can expect my body to run a 5K in good time" Doesn't work!  I tested it.

For the month of Jan we want to work on the number 1.
Limit sugar to 1 serving per day and pick 1 meal from the day and up your veggies at that meal.  Remember when you up the veggies you replace not just add.  One way you can up those veggies is to add veggies to pasta dishes and cut back on the pasta. I cut a brat and toss it on salad.
1 Serving.  This may take a little adjusting to but it is important. If you go to refill your plate, ask yourself "how is serving 2 helping you reach your goal?"  Do you need a second brat or could you have some fruit?  Don't wait til you are full to eat fruit, make it a part of the meal.
On to the day because if  I am setting my goal of 15,000 steps for today I better get going.  I also have to do Dustin's core DVD.
My best to all.
Lynn

No comments: