Friday, April 13, 2012

Progress report

I really am starting to think of my post titles.  So this week I want to talk about drive and progress. First weigh in day with my motivation buddies.  My buddies, 1 new 1 I have had for at least a year are seeing what can be done in a month. And the numbers are 126.8  and 28.6% body fat.  I was talking to someone at the gym that had lost 56 pounds and is now a size 1 and she was saying because she is lifting weights the scale is going up but the fat is going down.  This is why I want to keep an eye on the body fat thing.  I have to look back at what I was last week.  OK I did try to look back on a weight and found 131 but no body fat.  This was from a day right after pigging out on ice cream.  So 131-126 looks like down 5 pounds.  Like on BL the first week of changing habits is always a big one.  It's not that I ate that bad but I really cleaned it up this week and also kicked up the workouts.  I have to say I am enjoying them.

I also have been listening to some podcast and trying to stay focused.  I have another friend that has helped develop an app and website.  I am having a blast with that.  I am on level 4.  I was at the gym yesterday and took an aerobic type of a class, very fun but she did no pushups and I signed up for this challenge to do 20 per day.  At the end of the class I had a mat and time so I got them done and completed the challenge.  I did see some one asked on the slimkickers site (my friend's site) what happens if you missed a couple of the days?  Well in my book you didn't do it and try again.  The challenge is for 7 days not like 3 months.  Sometimes you just have to say, "hey I tried but I didn't do it." and try again.  I guess it wasn't that important to you or you would of gotten it done.  Like life, it's not the end of the world.  Can you say you got 1/2 way over the wall? no. you either got over or you didn't. 

If you think of a challenge as a wall you put a sticky note on the wall and say I got this high this time and try again.  You don't get the checker flag till you do it.  So what if it takes you 9 weeks to do it, I have time.  This is all about developing habits, good habits.  Maybe 5 hours on the computer blogging isn't a good habit unless it's your income. Let's see 5 hours- 1 min. to get those pushups done and you have plenty of time left. One of the things my mom use to say is "don't make a big production about it, just get it done."  Let me quick get those pushups done, I feel guilty not doing them even if I have the challenge done.  OK done.  I feel better now.

Striiv up date.  I did do a bunch of challenges on it the other day or should I say over the last week.  I am building energy to be able to build this little town. I have to figure that part out.  Well enough for today.  Get out there and enjoy the day
Lynn

No comments: