Sunday, October 3, 2010

Are you ever tired of being on a diet?

Lets talk about this. I am sitting at my daughters (in Chicago) and thinking about how much we walked and talked yesterday. We had a blast. We wanted to go out for dinner so we started out with so what are you hungry for? As we talked about it we brought up a lot of pit falls. So we could of grabed a chain type item but then that would of been it, done eating and nothing special. OK so now what? Mexican (love)? we always pig out on the chips and we are both trying to keep the pounds down. Italian? I really didn't want anything that big and I am from an Italian family. We wanted something different. How about Chinese? Once again I love and do well at the buffets because I can pick things with lots of veggies but DD falls into the trap of the deep fried items and we wanted something different. It's been 21 years I have enjoyed child of mine and we also needed a drink to celebrate. We started walking up to andersonville and there were these people sitting on pillows in the window of this restaurant and it looked like so much fun. I didn't really care what they were eating but that is what I wanted to do. We checked the menu and it was a vegan place and in our price range. More so it was the kind of place to just relax and have a little something to eat because we still had more walking to do. This was a walking, talking shopping trip.
So first things first do they have liquor? Yes and we checked the drink menu Baileys and coffee sounded great. The baileys was served in this chocolate cup that you dropped into the coffee. Oh so good. Then we had the burritos. Beans and veggies. I didn't eat the sour cream just because I have gotten out of that habit. I will be able to add a picture because I took on with my camera phone. It was really good and just enough. No chips, no fries, no uccky feeling after.
So what is the point of my story? Follow the concepts and try something new. While we were there I was checking out what the people next to us were eating and the one person ordered a spinach looking salad with bread slices topped with some kind of cheese. Oh it looked so good.
We are ready for another fun day. Happy eating and don't fall into ruts.
Lynn

No comments: