Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Drive

I had talked about this before but then I was chatting with a friend this morning and wrote her something like this. OK I did a C & P
I really want to do a race in the spring and not come in last place so I keep thinking of that and say I can do it. I think I tried to talk about this on my blog about drive. Drive is really hard. How do you get it, keep it, use it to reach your goals. You have to be careful that you don't think negative because then you get the drive of I can't do it, I can't, I can't and that is the driving force. Well we can and we will because as Richard Simions says believe, achieve. I think this is one reason we need short goals. You need to be able to move things from the I want to do pile to the I got it done pile.
Lets do this. get 2 things to track your goals. Lets take a bigger piece of paper. now take some smaller paper and write some short term goals on them. On the large pc. draw a line down the middle and on the top of 1 side put the words goals and the other side write "Done". Tape all of your goals on one side and then tape 1 to the other side that says set goals. So one thing done. You can keep adding goals. I am going to do this tonight and take a picture of it and post it.
Some of the things you might have as goals might be a weight amount, working out 5 days in the week, not falling for a lose weight over night TV ad, eating healthier, I have a calender that I put a star on for every day I work out and eat healthy. So a goal could be to eat healthier for 1 week. We can do it if we keep telling ourselves we want it and are willing to work for it. Don't think you have to wait until the start of the month to do this. I don't care if it is the last week of the month. The last week is just a 1 week jump start on next month.
My best to you. Lynn Together we can do it.

No comments: