Saturday, August 13, 2011

A sparkpeople reply

I was doing a reply to someone on sparkpeople and I liked it so much I had to share it with you.
The person hates bananas and was having problems with meal planning. BTW when you get to what I ate DH had his on noodles because he mowed the lawn and it has a hill. He needs more calories than I do. I need to work out so I can have a great day not a would of, could of, should of day.
Lynn

First I love bananas and I am feeling bad you don't enjoy them. So if you stand in the produce department your telling me that bananas are the only thing you don't like???? Who cares don't eat them. I do love them with peanut butter on them. I also eat that peanut butter on strawberries, pineapple, mangos, peaches,and the list goes on.Lets talk veggies. Last night I sauteed up peppers, onions, and mushrooms and topped with spaghetti meat sauce and parm. cheese. I had a thing of yogurt for lunch and a bunch of watermelon. Breakfast I had a couple of those bananas 1 of them with peanut butter. I got these coupons for t he pick n save for the single serving ice cream. They were $1.00 and I had .25 off and you got a game pc. with each one you bought. So I had 1. It is a lot less than one of my bowl holds. Day was then done because I am trying to lose.Now I also do a free blog called chatthefat. check the 27 rules I live by. Print them out and take them with you to the store. When you are standing in the bakery area thinks 1st "pies on your thighs." next everything you put in your cart ask "what good does this do for the body" If the answer is fun food. see how many fun foods you have at the end of your shopping trip.I have to blog about this next thing so you are hearing it first here.For everything you put in your cart put a check mark by the type of food it is. grab a pc. of paper and list veggie, fruit, dairy, protein, grain, processed food, fun food. TV dinner is a processed food. You could also add processed meats. fish sticks- processed sausage is a processed. Turkey bacon is a processed.Buy the size you want to be. If you are buying the whole tender think about what a 3 oz serving is. If you bake the whole thing and are planning for leftovers put them away before it hits the table. Back to your check list. Where are most of your check marks?? If they are all in the area of processed food you have to ask is this going to help me reach my goal?? Do you have a large amount of fun foods check marks???The time to take care of this is before you pay for the items. Are you having a party?? what are you feeding your guest. Are you planning for left overs? You have 20 expected guest and 10 bags of chips, This is what I call planning for leftovers. If you run out of chips eat the watermelon.
I have to tell you that I wrote my book which I could send you a copy of. I wrote it, I know it, I live it. Oh you ask how does the rest of the family like living this way? DH enjoys pineapple for desert or as a snack in front of the TV. College daughter likes hummus, and we made homemade suchi the other day. You have to use the sticky rice. Put what ever you like on the inside. We did put the fake crab in it with carrot and avocado. We will be making this again. Spark people does have some great recipes of the day. When you see the picture ask what color is this? What colors do I need to add to this. If it is a salad put a meatloaf type item or a single meat and a fruit.One thing that is really hard is that our brains say meatloaf, mash potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole. First here is my really easy meatloaf. ground beef, bread crumbs egg 1 or 2 and salsa or hunts spaghetti sauce. bake in loaf pan or make logs on a cookie sheet with walls so the grease doesn't spill off. I forget what it is called. You could also make meatballs or patties. Remember this contains a bread so you don't need another bread. You could then keep those green beans but you don't have to put those onion things on top.It is time to break the mold. It's not working for you so it's time to change.I think It is time to get something done for me and I hope this helps. I look at it as it's what you eat, what you do and how you think. Am I deprived? It all depends on what I want to do with my life.My best to you Lynn

No comments: