Saturday, August 15, 2009

working out

Lets talk about this. First you get out of it what you put into it and that's the short of it. Walking to the mail box burns more calories then having your kids get the mail. Set your goal of what you want to do and get it done. I don't care how it gets done just don't hurt yourself. One of my goals is to get 2 miles in. I have 30 min. to do it. I use to listen to Jillian Michael and how she would run at 6.0 or 8.0 what ever it was and I was jogging at 4.5 thinking how does she do it? So today I got on the treadmill and started thinking the faster I get this 2 miles done the faster I am done and ready to do something else. I kicked it up to 5 and then 5.5 and I just kept thinking of Bob and Jillian. If you have ever heard Jillian from Biggest loser talk about running you know she hates to run. I can relate. I just keep telling myself get it done get it done. I have no limitations and I am the one setting the goal.
I worked with one person who said i can't walk that far and know I can walk back. What did I tell him? Walk 1/2 the distance twice, then 3 times then 4 times.
My goals for working out is to do cardo to burn fat and strength train of some kind to keep or build muscle. I love Jillian's new workout DVDs. The best thing I can say about what workout to do is do one your going to do. Preview dvds. Rent or barrow some to see what you will do. You don't have to go out and buy tons of stuff. The best piece of equipment you need is a good pair of shoes.

No comments: