Sunday, September 13, 2009

concept 1

Lets talk about these concepts on at a time.
Concept 1 Making the choice to change. I guess I do want to use the word choice because you do have a choice. You decide "do I want to be in control of my health or do I want to just suffer the consequences of what comes along". This is not easy. In fact I will tell you how hard it really is. first you can look at it in a couple of ways. 1. I get to eat or I am deprived. 2. I get 1/2 hour of me time or I have to find time to get on that treadmill. I can't eat desert, I get to go for a bike ride or a hike. Park and walk. I have to cook healthy or I love cooking with all these fresh fruits and veggies. I can't have eggs, potatoes and toast w/ jelly and or pancakes with heavy syrup or I get to eat tons of fresh fruit on oats or waffle. It is your choice of how you look at things.
Another choice is how much you want to eat. I looked at one diet that sells you all kinds of food but the key is the size plate they are on. Get a hold of one of these plates or or close to the size and eat all your meals off of it. Those pancakes are no longer a stack of 4 6" round they are 3 3". Skip that heavy syrup because I think you get a few frozen blueberries on top. I heard of people being on this diet and I am not saying it is a bad diet but what I am saying is the reason they may not be able to stick to it is because 1200-1600 calories is what you are eating. If you eat it all in sugars and simple carbs you will be starving for nutrition. Look at that burger. The size and you notice what is next to it. The next time you eat burgers put it on a small burger bun or a larger dinner roll and have a salad with it or some fresh fruit. Ask your self what does french fries do for the body? If you are digging a a ditch and you just need energy to do lots of physical work then eat them. If it is to make your but bigger and that is what your goal is then eat them. If your goal is to lose some pounds I would skip them and have an apple or pineapple or something that has less calories. Strawberry cheese cake would not be a trade off just because it has strawberries on it. Make the choice of what you want, set your goal and use the concepts to help you make choices about what foods you will consume to build a strong body. Next we will talk about why do I want to make these changes and how bad do I really want to change. Is there a rock bottom?
I will try to post sooner.
Up date on how things are going with me. I am holding steady and back at 125.

No comments: