Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cabbage/classico Not another salad

I had to send this into the Classico Co.
From your fat fighting fans
I tried your Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo and I am hooked but I might like it in a light version. Not fat free. What am I doing with it you ask, I put it over cabbage. Yes I put my cabbage in the food processor and put part of it in a pan. The other part I put in a zip lock bag. I cook it just till the crisp is cooked out and then put the sauce on the top. How much of this did I eat you ask. An American size cereal bowl. It was almost like eating a big bowl of pasta but better. I can take this to work. I microwave the cabbage 4 min, add the sauce and I have a big bowl of something hot and filling for lunch. I have 2 apples with 1T peanut butter for a snack somewhere about 4-5. Work till 6. I am not starved on my way home.I would put this on many other veggies. Green beans are next. I love your sauce.

So for all of you that say; Lynn I want something other than salad. How can you eat all these salads?
This is a good one. My friend Cindy added meatballs to hers and called it Italian cabbage. This is a great name.
Let me tell you a little story about when I cooked at the daycare. We were on a really tight budget and they had burger buns on sale at $.29 a pack. I think there was 8-12 buns per pack. Daycare was age to 12 year old. So they were day old but I toasted them in the oven so it didn't natter and sent peanut butter with them. One of the kids said they were the best breakfast buddies he had ever had. It's all in the name.
If you call it diet food you are going to dread it, if you call it mock you are going to want the real thing, if you call it what it is you are going to add it to your eating habit.
Italian cabbage, I like cabbage, what makes it Italian?
It like unstuffed cabbage soup vs. cabbage soup diet. Do you have to put the rice in the unstuffed cabbage soup? If you live with people that need more calories than you cook some rice and put it on the side. 1/2 cup is a serving and you can control your serving.
We need to start thinking outside of the box. Here's to eating real food and getting high nutrition in your diet.
For all of you that think you need to do a cleanse because the tv says so. Cabbage is a mover. Veggies are movers.
I tell you I can eat anywhere from 1-8 bananas a day. For all of you that don't believe the power of fresh fruit trust me there is nothing stuck in me. From what I learned bananas balance water in the body but you have to have water there in the first place. Drink that water, eat food not chemicals and get out and enjoy life.
Have a great day

No comments: