Saturday, January 7, 2017

Negitive side effects

At 8:54 AM, Lynn Baumgartner said the following:
I am trying to expand off in a second direction called the side effect of mostly food.  I would like to be a successful weightloss coach and I feel we need to look into a new direction or maybe revisit a different direction .  I am just starting out. I am doing an experiment of what happens to the body if you really put an 80% effort to your health. I will report back in a year. We will be using real food. No fads! No fat-high sugar fad is a big no for me. I will let you know how it goes.

What is going to be hard is cheese  and sugar.
What should be easy is that I love salads.
I do have a husband, live in midwest USA and have the dreams of putting in a garden this summer.  We are remodeling a farm house which could include a kitchen this summer.

We have to think about how this effects our lives.  When you have something that interferes with our lives, how do we allow the cause and effect to control what we do next.

Here is a great weightloss cause and effect,  you step on the scale and the number goes down, what do you do next?
1. Get excited and jump up and down.  
2. Give yourself the green light to have some sugar or a form of a cheat.
3. Question what you did to cause this effect.

What happens if the scale goes up?  What effect does this cause?
1. A form of depression because it is your fault.
2. You toss in the towel and go on a binge.
3. You nit pick and focus on all the negative in your life.

Why don't we give ourselves credit for the good things we do on the day 2 day.  Why do we always focus on the negative.

With this research I have crossed both of these paths in the first week.   How did I react?  The scale went down first and I took 2 minutes and said great!! and then I gave myself credit for the positive things I did yesterday.  This list included, did a workout when I didn't really want to, did a pass on some low nutrition foods.  I also reflected on the high nutrition lower calorie foods I did eat and enjoyed.  And then I moved on and enjoyed the day.
Today I stepped on the scale and it went up, so what do you do?  You have 2 minutes to reflect on the day, Question what could of caused this?  I ate something heavy in salt.  Then I am giving myself credit for the positive things I did like I ate a great salad at lunch, stuck to the 1 rule for dinner, didn't cave to sugar and also got 1/2 hour workout in when I could of really skipped it because it was cold out.  We do have to remember that in the US sugar is looked at both as a reward and a form of depression.  We both reward ourselves with and turn to sugar when things need a pick me up.
So now our 2 minutes are done and we need to move on to our day.

You got that right Move on!!!  We are not going to dwell on what we did wrong.  We will not make a list of all the negative things in our lives.  It is a new day and we are looking at the side effects so if we eat something or do something we need to record the side effect and not repeat things that cause negative side effects.
We do not have to bog ourselves down by thinking of all new goals, setting up new spread sheets, and you know the list.
We are looking of the side effects of the day gone past.  I repeat do not repeat negative activities.

As you start your day make a short list of things you would like to do.  Today is the first Sat after Christmas that I am home from a trip.  My list looks like this for the day
1. spend Kolhs cash.
2. go to the bank
3. take down christmas tree and put it away.
4. fix my my pillow.  I chatted with them on how to destuff it.
5. do some cleaning.
6. toss in a load of wash
7. follow healthy eating habits I have during the week.  Ex. salad for lunch
8. do a facebook live about the side effects.

No place on this list is to beat myself up about what the scale said.  These are all positive things.
A few things I am trying to do this year is to de-clutter while we remodel.  I also am a local history person along with I am doing genealogy.  These are sit type activities so they must be balanced.  They also create paper clutter so you have to keep it all organize.  Organize is an activity that can not be bought.  It has to include choices of how does this add to the project or not. 

Lets move on with our day and get things done, and enjoy it.  If you don't enjoy the activity you can enjoy the result of the activity.  Ex. cleaning.  You feel better after things are cleaned.  Sometimes this starts with making your bed.  Do it and cross it off the list.

Have a great day.

No comments: