Saturday, June 25, 2016

Goal Driven Diet

So you have a big event coming up in a couple of months and you want to look great or you want to train for something.
Let's get started TODAY.  Don't last day binge, do wild things like clean out all the not so great foods, we just need to say I'm not denying my body any more. 
Wait Deny??? You don't deny anything.  You have been eating cake, ice cream, pizza.  Deny nothing.  You also now I don't use the word moderation because I feel it really doesn't have a good meaning.
So what are you denied of??
1. Nutrition
2. Movement
3. Challenge
4. Rest
5. Friends without stress.
6. Clean living area.

So let's really look at some of these one at a time.

Nutrition
Do you eat high nutrition items in addition to items that are calorie high.
This is how I categorize food.
High nutrition low calories H/L
High nutrition high calories H/H
Low nutrition Low calories L/L
Low nutrition high calories L/H

Look at what you really eat in a day and which group do you eat the most of.
So today I had coffee and chocolate milk in the morning.  then some mixed nuts.  This would be a L/H for the chocolate milk and a H/H for those nuts.
I was full on those nuts and needed to get some things done today.  For dinner I had some left over broccoli cauliflower salad and then I drained the 5 bean salad I also had and put the beans into the broccoli salad.  Them I wanted to finish up some other things we had in the house so I ate chips and guacamole for dinner.  If you say, what did you have for dinner??  I can't believe I ran out of salad greens.  I eat a lot of greens, they are my # 1 H/L
Now I have to rate the other items I ate today,  chips L/H Guacamole H/H  I didn't track how many calories I ate today but for the most part my choices were all high calorie.  Eating just L/H and H/H are all heavy on the waste line.

So after today I better up the nutrition tomorrow  at the cost of lower calorie.
This was kind of a rest day.
So now you can see how it looks like some people could stay at a lower weight and be nutrition deprived.  I did get some things done which I needed to do.  Once in a while you just have to have a low stress day.  Do I feel the best right now.  UUUMMMMM... NO but I will live.  It was 1 day.  Not to be repeated.


No comments: