Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Staying strong+ and staying informed

 Summer is here for over and I just wanted to check how your healthy eating habits are going. It is we try to take back our health it is important that we remember it is our health and not the responsibility of others.

I have been listening to a couple of podcasts that I find very good. One of them is Ben Greenfield and another is nutrition diva. It's not that I listen to all their stuff but when I do is very good. Nutrition diva did a podcast I healthy eating after cancer along with the hot topic of the biggest loser affect. As I have always said is important to poor nutrition intake above cutting calories. It's not a matter of high Carb or low-carb it's a matter of nutrition vs. calorie intake. I find little to no nutrition in an English muffin and watermelon very high in nutrition, these both may be high in carbs but the nutrition is very different.

Ben Greenfield is a very interesting person to listen to. He may be a little advanced for most people but one thing you can take away from his podcast is that he's always learning. Ben is the kind of guy that looks at something and says how will this affect the body and then does a test on himself. I feel if you can learn one new thing it's worth listening to.

I need to check in on the person doing the blog what diet next. I have been doing pretty good with the chat the fat philosophy of high nutrition lower calories and getting those 2 miles in. Sometimes we think it's all exercise or all food but you do have to have both. I am really noticing how much time I spend on the computer and am really finding it as just wasted time. Not everything is wasted time but how many stupid Videos do you watch.As were trying to take control of our health we also need to remember the things we do that do not enhance our health. As your day goes on look at the activities you do and ask does this help my cause or does it just past time.

As we look back over the first half of the summer are we happy with our results or do we need to make a change. Change does not start on the first of the month, Monday, after this next snack, it starts right now. The philosophy of starting on Monday is what people going on a diet do. At chat the fat we believe it's a lifestyle of health improvement. Improving your health starts now. I think this is part of the problem with the biggest loser is because it is a diet, it has an end. Health has no end except death. My goal is to improve health and enjoy life.

What are your goals for the rest of the summer? Let's make it positive and take less steps backwards. There will always be those setbacks but if we can minimize them where further ahead. With two steps forward and one step back we are still one step forward at the end of the day.

Have a great day and stay positive

No comments: