Monday, June 20, 2016

Watermelon Picture it cut up

Start by cutting off both ends and then cut in half

Had to do a quality check.  I had some spongy areas that were not good.  I will have to cut that out.

This is the knife I like to use and then just cut going down while you turn melon.

Don't take to big of a cut

Discard the rind so it is not in your way.  I like this board so it traps some of the juice.

Cut it in half

And then each half cut into sections

I had to cut out the bad parts

I like to scoop it up into a container

And then pour it into a bag


Do the same with the other section of the first half.

This side didn't have bad spots so you tip it on it's side so you can slice it again

Try to keep things straight and uniform size. 

This makes the cubes

As you see it is a juicy melon

keep it stacked and turn the melon or the board.

This makes your last cuts

This is how I scoop it up.  I love this tool

It goes in the bucket and then into the bag.  I can't hold the bag open by myself.

Wash off your board between halfs so it doesn't get to messy.

And repeat






Half a melon fits into 1 gallon bag

And now my melon is ready to go to the party in the morning. 

No comments: