Thursday, July 30, 2009

Portions

I find portions interesting. I have to laugh when I hear people talking about buying those boxes of packs. I hear them say how on the way home they 5 out of 6 of the 100 calorie packs. I think of this as a 500 calorie portion that just takes a little longer to eat because you have to open those packs. I bought some frosted pretzels the other day and ate the whole bag. I think it was like 7 servings at 130 calories per servings. Sense I ate the whole thing, if I were to buy these again I would know that I would have to allow for 910 calories if I wanted 1 because I know that I will not stop eating them until they were all gone.
This is one of the reasons that when someone asks me what should they do with rice, white or brown? I tell them I feel the best you can do is put it in a measuring cup. You should limit the high calorie filler type foods if you are looking to lost weight and you do not have a physical type job.

No comments: