Saturday, July 25, 2009

Goals

Goals and setting goals. This is a good place to start when looking at weight loss. First look at where you are right now and the reason you want to change. Any one that is saying you will lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks, take the name of their product and do a google with the word review, scam or blog after it and you will get a better idea of what the product really has to offer. Most of these products only offer money loss. Your money to their pocket.
A good start of a goal is not so much to lose 10 pounds but to change a behavior 80% of the time and the weight loss should follow. I am looking at where I am right now and where I fill I am willing to change is with working out. Will I say that I will workout 7 days a week? No it is unrealistic. I am going to set my goals as follows:
1. work out 3 days a week.
2. journal what I eat 6 days a week.
3. stop drinking coffee at noon.
4. Go to bed at night by 11:00
Now, I want to look at what may happen when I achieve these goals.
My wish list we will call it.
This would be the outcome of my behavior changes.
1. lose 2 pounds a week.
If the 2 pounds happen then I look at it as good and keep it up. If not and weight does not go down then I have to look at where I can change things to adjust for the desired outcome.
Goals are not achieved through wishing. It takes a lot of hard work. If you are willing to do the work I know you will meet you weight loss goals.
I am setting up this blog to chat about my goals, your goals.
You can ask me anything about weight loss and I will try to answer it. I have been studying the weight loss industry for 30+ years. I will be referring to areas I talk about in my book.
If you would like a copy of my book by e-mail I would love to send it to you with a $5.00 donation to my cause. Me Lynn and my need to send my daughter to college.
You can e-mail me at lynnb@stitchshoppe.com
I co-own an embroidery store with my husband in Burlington. You can pick up a copy of my book from our store down town Burlington, WI for the same $5.00 donation to the send child to college. Address of the store is 133E chestnut #14, Burlington, WI 53105
I have to do a www.stitchshoppe.com plug for our store. Check out our website.
I am looking forward to chatting the fat.
Topics I want to cover over the next few weeks would be
How to think in terms of high nutrition.
Support groups and web sites
How to make weight loss fun.
What happens when the scale doesn't move.
A pound is a pound
Is the fda looking out for me.
100 calorie packs.
Do you need a degree to lose weight?

No comments: