Thursday, December 16, 2010

Making changes

Why is it so hard? If you really think about it you won't born saying I want to sit around and watch tv and eat. OK the eat thing maybe true but what you wanted was nutrition and the warmth of others. Where did we go wrong?
Lets start looking at our lives.
1. How much time do you spend with electronics? What would you do if they were gone right now? I love my cell phone but I use it as a phone. I am really thinking about how much time I want to spend computing.
2. How much time do you spend with others? Do you stop and meet friends for coffee (or whatever) maybe join a running group or a walking group. Maybe you can start one. Are there 10 people sitting in their homes right now saying I would walk if I had someone to walk with. 1/2 of them are just saying that but that still leaves you 5 and someone has to show up to walk with you. I remember my grandma and sewing club. They did more chatting than sewing but who cares they had fun.
3. Nutrition. Really think about what you are eating and ask yourself can I really do what I want with what I am eating. If you want to lay on the couch and feel sorry for yourself you can eat anything. I don't really believe anyone really does that but really think. Fast food? What's faster than an apple. You think well that wont fill me up, and I ask cake will?? Try the apple. It should make you 80% full so you can do something. Put some peanutbutter on it if you like, 2T. Please read the labels of that dip stuff before you say what about...
4. Let Look at our lives and deride what we want to do and make a plan on how to get it done and not to quote nike but lets "do it" and get it done.

No comments: