Monday, December 12, 2016

The fitbit side effect

I want to do a one-year study of how our lives are affected in a positive way by some of the electronics we choose to wear and use. I have selected fitbit as the company I prefer to use for a couple of reasons.

The first reason is because I have had a fitbit for many years and they were one of the first to come out with a economical and reliable device. I started with the fit one and have now upgraded to the fitness surge and their scale.

I also feel my fitness pal is a very good choice as food tracker because they have a large database and their daily login of food items is pretty easy. It is very hard and discouraging when you try to log food items and there is nothing in the database. At that point you are building their database with your food items which takes a lot of time. I do eat a lot of homemade foods so that is where you run into a lot of your tracking problems because you are guessing on portion sizes and a few other things to just get it done. For example beef stew could be one thing to one person and something else to another, depending on how thick or thin the gravy is can make a big difference in the calories.


I have used other Internet sites like sparks people, which I do like but you have to make a choice and so I picked my fitness pal. I just completed a challenge with my fitness pal and maybe that's one of the reasons I prefer it because they do have some extra items linked with it I enjoy. Other sites also have these challenges but you have to pick so this is what I did.

We need to talk about Internet communities because they are very important in our success at weight loss and health management. I have used a couple of the communities and have enjoyed them but as trends change people pick different things for different reasons. I met a lot of very nice people on sparks people and if I ever have a question on something I asked the community because most of the time somebody has started a thread on it.

Jillian Michaels can a coupon for her fit fusion so I signed up for a couple of months on her on-demand workout channel. Since then I have found a couple other on-demand that I might like better. On-demand is an interesting thing because you can sign up for a month and then switch to a different one. This is a good alternative to buying DVDs that you may or may not like. I have signed up for the beach body spray trial thinking I would like it and it just wasn't for me. The biggest reason I say this is because I own a couple of the beach bodies DVDs and I didn't want to pay for them twice.. I do like Charlene DVDs and the 21 day fix they are both good. The one you should pick is the one you're going to use so it is worthwhile to do a 30 day trial.

So over the weekend I did do my first livestream on Facebook and I going to put a link to them on the next blog I have started so you can refer to them. I will try to do my best but remember I have a desk job during the day and video technology is not an area of my expertise.

To sum this up the whole experiment will be on using the 27 concepts and what happens if you truly stick to them for a year. So in every experiment you have to have an objective, a control, a hypotenuse and probably something else I don't remember. So your this past year I stayed pretty much the same weight and body fat over the year by keeping a pretty good watch on what I eat and working out 0 to 3 times a week. Our hypotenuse is going to be if we give up sugar the boot and work out a little bit more we can drop the 10 pounds I would like to get rid of.

I need to go out and get some shoveling done so I can get to work. I will try to post on a consistent basis but as we know computer work is a sitdown and does take time. Follow me also on my Instant Graham chatthefat and let's see how I do.

No comments: