Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Striiv

I got an email from someone on sparkpeople that they started a striiv group.  I saw someone had a post about where to buy it but more important there was an update on the software.  I downloaded it.  Very cool.  I had to get up and do those 2 miles this morning on the treadmill and get some challenges done.
I did think of something else I wanted to talk about but then I didn't know how to sign into blogger.  I had to figure it out.  I got it now.  Have a great day.

Striiv update.  Having way to much fun with it.  My friend Cindy is back on the losing wagon.  I have to keep doing these challenges so I  do push her.  Hey Jillian, she thinks she has to hold the treadmill up.  I assured her that it is OK to let go.  I had a couple of days that I got all the challenges done.

Safety at the gym. 
That clip thing on a string.  So no buddy really uses these things but maybe they should.  I was at the gym and saw someone fall of the end of the treadmill.  So I did point out to her the safety clip.  Just clip it to someplace on your t-shirt.  If you are new to the treadmill or trying a change to your normal walk clip it on.  If you are starting to run clip it on.  When that woman was falling I'm sure all she could think was "stop, stop,  well it would of stopped.

The tools we need to succeed are there, why don't we use them.  Put the clip on and let go of the bars.  If people are willing to take an ice shower because it burns a few extra calories, I am guessing you can burn the same # of calories just by moving your arms.



No comments: