Friday, March 16, 2012

Spoiled brat diet

So I'm at the point in my life I really have to look at things and say why isn't this working?  I will call this spoiled brat syndrome.  We will shorten this to SBS.  So SBS says if you cry loud enough or long enough you will get what you want.  So I am here to tell you not true.  I tested this out.  Also the big plan magic curtain also doesn't work.
Lets really look at this SBS.  You make this plan buy all the equipment and you know it will work because you have a big investment and you want it.  You really want it.  You want it so bad you tell everyone that crosses your path, then you do a internet site and tell the world you want it so bad you deserve it.  Well I am here to pop your bubble.  SBS doesn't work.  Have you ever watched a runner.  I know they are a group all their own but there is something you can learn from them.  Everyday they get up lace up and go for a walk/run.  They think when they eat, I'm not going to run if I eat this because it will make me feel sludgy.  Eaters say "This made me feel like crap last time I ate it but I will eat it anyways because it will be different this time."  If a mouse hits a wall a couple of time they learn an chose a different path.  Why does SBS tell us if we hit the wall enough times it will move. TLAR (Think like a runner)  So TLAR tells us if we do a little everyday we will keep things going in the right direction.  Weekend warriors (WW) get stiff and sore and are in pain on Monday.  So now we have 3 groups of people.  If you walk or do something for a 1/2 hour everyday then when you play WW you won't be as sore.
So our goal for this week, yes just 1 week is to TLAR.  Do something.  We need to think, I am able to;  I want you to stop saying I can't and say I get to.  If there was a reason you couldn't, that would be different.  You are able and you are wasting this ability.  If we were to think of something to be a reminder we will call it going green.  "Doing the Green"  put a post a note up that say s "Doing the green"  When someone
ask you what it means you tell them you are trying to remember not to waste.  They will think you are now the big recycle person and just say oh ok that's nice.  When you look at "Doing the Green" you will think- not to waste the things we are able to do.  Who said - if you don't use it, you lose it.- Think Are you willing to give up the ability to go for a walk, rake the yard, go to the gym,  play games, I don't care if you are using soup cans and doing weight training.  Spark people had a bunch of free instructions. We are Doing the Green.

So last night (I have no kids at home) I made a pork roast. Dear husband had it on sandwich when he got home, I had it with some green peppers, onions and mushrooms and I also wanted some popcorn.  This was my trade.  I had no potato, rice, or other grain carb so I made some air pop popcorn.  When I was thinking about the popcorn I thought about the 1/4 cup of oil you use to pop the corn.  It has to go someplace.  I then asked Is there a better way?  Air pop. Was it as good? At the time I did miss the oil taste but it didn't cause any imbalances.  How do I feel this morning?  Great.  Playing zumba tonight.  Worked out and did 2 miles last night.  Feel great. So I need to remember this feeling.  We need to remember these positive reactions PR.  PR is a good word.  Make a list of your PR.  If I was to start a list I would include
1. walking or running makes me just feel better
2. working out looks good on my but.
3. gym classes brings me some common goal friends.
4. getting things done around the house gives us a cleaner house.
5. eating high nutrition low sugar doesn't cause headaches
6. walking the dog is healthy for the dog.  Ever hear about dogs and owners that start looking alive.  This goes for body size.  Does your dog eat everytime you eat?  If you change your habits track your goals by your dog.  walk the dog is a good PR.

OK I have to get to work.  Yes I work 40+ hours outside of trying to staying healthy.  I am just like you.  I don't have any children at home but I did at one time so I can relate.  I have a husband.

In close I will say, follow the 27 rules and let's live healthy.  Learn them and live them.
My best to you.  TLAR


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynn, Are you talking to me?! I have SBS! Oh MY, if you could see how many things I have bought into to make the fat go away....but buying does NOT get the job done. Enjoyed your blog! Better get moving....Doing the green :)
Your FFF, Laurie