Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year

So it is a new year. Someone told me, what you do on new years day you do for the rest of the year. Because It was on a weekend I didn't go to work. I cleaned some of the house and worked out and enjoyed spending time with my husband. I had a great weekend. I spent time with family and friends thinking of what I am grateful for and what I want to do in the coming year.

I dusted off my Metabolic Cooking cookbook From the kitchen of Karine Losier & Dave Ruel - I had to give them credit. I like to use this for ideas of what to make for dinner. It is hard to think of new things because as you know I am not a gravy person, I am also not a big potato, noodle or other heavy starch items. So yesterday at noon I had this chunk of pork that I cut into cubes and put in chunks of onion, garlic, baby carrots and veggie broth. I refereed to their cookbook to see what spices to put in there. I did have some fresh Basil then added apple cider vinegar and stone ground mustard. At about 4:00 I added some potatoes. Not a lot. I really looked at what I was doing and thought, 1 husband 1 big and 1 small potato and that is enough. I am really trying to cook for the number of people I am serving not an army.

I did hit the gym this weekend. I am really enjoying the classes they are offering. So we took the body pump (sat), hard body and a core class (sun). My friend Cindy then said on Sunday, so are you now ready for 2 miles on the treadmill. We did do a mile but the thing I did say is, Lets not be doing a biggest loser thing in the gym and then eating crap. There are so many people that think they worked out so they can eat what ever they want.

What am I eating? I am back to eating by the 27 rules. Which rules are really hard? 1 serving and lean proteins. I still have to eat big food and cheese is the protein I would prefer. So I limit cheese to no more than 1 meal per day. I really think about this because the meal I love cheese on is salad. I really do think about how many servings I am putting on that salad but then I do nothing about it. I think cheese is 70% fat (I would have to look it up) And we all know what fat free really is so I don't go there. I need to do like the fit2fat2fit guy is doing and cook off chicken on Sunday to put on my salads for the week. I love salad for lunch at work. I have also been eating lots of peanut butter. Good or bad I love it on fruit. I do have to count servings because I can eat 4-5 bananas a day easy. Note to remember I have to count because that feel full thing never happens.

So goal for this year is
1. not to get the creeps on the scale. Top weight to be 130
2. to work out 3 times a week. really use that gym membership I am paying for.
3. To blog and really work on helping others with their goals.
4. Not only to look good on the beach but to look healthy on the beach.
5. to remember to blog the difference of skinny and fit.
6. Use my new book the body impact with my friend Cindy.
7. work on pacing to do the spring 5K in under 30 min.

So it is off to work.

No comments: