Friday, September 9, 2011

First day with trainer

So I got there early and thought I should get some cardo in. New idea is to do weights first but I had time to do something so I didn't want to waste it. I did mile on the elliptical and then a mile on the Treadmill. Told Amber goal is to work up to jog at same pace 2 miles. Next we did a weight body fat type of assessment.
Next we were off lifting some weights or should I say some strength training. I need to add that goal dress as a picture.
Dang I might have to try that later. It didn't do a pop up.
So I had a really good work out and Amber is going to put a routine together for me. So if she does her part as a trainer I have to do my part as the trainee and do the work.
What I can't do is:
1. wait to the last week and try to put 4 weeks of training into 1 week.
2. lie It's not fair to me or her to say ya I am working out if I am not.
3. give it less than 100%. sitting on the treadmill doesn't do the same as walking on it and walking on it doesn't do the same as a jog and if my goal is to run a 5k in less than 30 min I'm not going to reach that goal by sitting on the treadmill.

What I need to do is.
1. jog to the corner and walk back twice. (2 miles) work up to jog both ways.
2. strength train more than just the weekend.
3. maintain something I can live with for the rest of my life. (Just because you can do it for a week doesn't mean you can do it forever.

So I'm sure you are all wondering how I feel today. Well Amber I am feeling great. See you in a month and I will be ready to kick it up 10%.

Did I say my daughter is going to school to be a designer and to be fit enough to wear her designs would be my dream. I will try to attach picture of dress she designed.
It has a protect of something so I can't turn it.

No comments: