Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What is a workout and what about fat free

I thought I would do a post on this because I have heard someone doing the treadmill for 15 min. on level 1, then I have also heard 45 min and X miles on the treadmill and 45 min. lifting weight. Or P-90 swimming in a pool of sweat. Now this is what I want to talk about is this before and after meal. All I have to say is really look at how many calories you are burning and compare it to the calories you are taking in. You really have to (me included) look at the big picture. Don't fall into the trap of eating more because you are working out. It is all calories in vs. calories out.

Ok, now lets talk about my personal opinion about the whole fat free thing. 1 read your labels. Do they replace fat with sugar. Fat free doesn't mean calorie free. How do you feel after? Is it a trigger food? Trigger foods are those foods that when you eat them they cause you to have to have other foods. So croutons are a trigger food for me, I just can't eat them. There is something about them that they lead to a pizza and then 1000 calories of ice cream and then maybe a snack of a sub or cheese before bed. If you add up all the calories those croutons you would never guess they equal to about 2500. I pick them off. I just don't know what they do to my taste buds.
Think before you eat.

No comments: