Sunday, September 16, 2018

Calorie cycling

Calorie cycling. How do I see this.  Is it a form of cleansing?   I will tell you what my take on cleansing is.  If you stop putting crap in and only put nutrition in guess what will happen?  So, if you do a 1200-1500 calorie intake, how do I do a cheat day? 
This is how I look at the above statement.  I do not believe I will stop breathing if I drop my calories to 700 one day because I just wasn't hungry and then up them the next day because I went out to eat.  From what I have learned is that calories average themselves out.  If you go 3 days on low calories I have learned the body will put on the breaks and say "hey what happened to my "food/energy" supply".  Note food/energy is nutrition.  I have a problem calling things like candy bars, heavy carb items as foods.  If you were to say you should eat the same amount of calories of each food group look what your food plate would look like. 
Google 500 calories of greens, bread, potatoes, meat, cheese, fruit.  What is going to make you feel full longest.  Now put things in the order of least to most additives.  What do I think of all the sugars like stevia or other lower calorie sugars made into bakery?  Bakery should be a treat.  People could eat more bakery and bread type items in the past for 2 reasons.  First, they did more hard labor.  Lifting a pencil doesn't require the same calorie burning as stacking hay. My second statement is that portion sizes have become huge.  Your best value per pound maybe the biggest but if you buy it and don't eat it all you have to carry it home, store it, and then eat it at a later date.  What if you get the size you are going to eat.  If you don't want to bring it home and eat it later don't buy it.  This does take some thought.  Do you really eat those left overs or do you store them and toss them in 5 days. 
Part of weight loss is habits.  What are your habits?  Are they really healthy?  Do you have the mega size refrigerator so you can extend the life of your left overs and toss them on garbage day.  If you are going to eat your left overs, put them in a grab and go container that will make it easy for you to eat them.  I want you to think about how some of the foods you are saving for leftovers, on a scale of 1-10 , are you eating them because it's there or it is what you really want.
 Back to that bakery, is it better to have many servings of OK bakery or 1 treat bakery that is really good?  I don't really eat a lot of store bought items.  They are OK and not really worth the calories.  The next thing I am noticing is that store items have a lot more salt then if I made it.
I want you to think.  What are the reasons you make choices about your food. 

I was talking to someone the other day and she stated what works for 1 person may not work for another.  I told her that she is correct but what I wanted her to do is before she ate something to ask, what good dose this do for my body and how does this help bring me to my goal.  You see 2 different approaches. I don't care and will never tell you what to eat.  If you eat candy bars every day, your goal may be to fight the system and eat what you want.  What does this do for the body?  It gives the mind 1 up on the body.  The mind has taken control and wont be pushed around.  If you want to empower your mind good job.  I thought we were working on the body.  We want the body to be strong.  How does this help the body become strong?  And how does it help you reach your goal.  You see, I want you to become the leader of your body.  You can do this without beating your self up.  If you eat 3 high nutrition days and want a piece of cake, eat the cake.  Don't forget the 2 bite rule.  eat 2 bites, put your fork down and rate on the scale of 1-10.  Now if you like finish that cake if it is a 7 or above.
Have a great day and feed the body nutrition. 

No comments: