Wednesday, January 10, 2018

How and where do I do research?

I talk to all kinds of really great people as I am doing self research.  I know what happens when you stop eating something for 2 weeks because I have tested it out.  I also listen to a number of podcast.  The biggest hurdle I find that people have is that I think they along with me feel like they are walking the line alone. For this reason I feel that support groups and your biggest assets.   I too need a great support group.  I search out people that I can learn from and you never know where you are going to learn that gold mine bit of information.  If you think you will only learn great thinks from the experts you are missing out on a great support system.

I am all about concepts so when I talk to someone I really listen to what they are saying and keep asking how are they doing that?  I write this blog so I hope you can learn something from me.  Am I an expert? no!  I would like to be considered a doer but most of the time I am still a learner.  I am trying to figure out how the brain works and why do we think the way we do most of the time.  If I could figure out why we drown our sorrels in things like ice cream.  In the perfect world we would turn to our workout shoes when we have a rough day.  Is there a way to rethink things?  I keep thinking   there is.  I want my last entry to this blog to say I figured it out. 

I have to say I sure have had a great time talking to and learning from, I want to say that again, learning from.  I have learned from everyone and everyone has something to say.  One of the things I would to bring up is that I think we all have a problem listening.  We want to fast track what someone else is saying and we are not really listening or learning.  I have found that if the information someone else isn't directly bring us some kind of instant gratification we put it to the delete bucket in our brains.
I have to get to work so I can get to the gym tonight.  It is small changes that effects other things in our lives.  If I get into work at a better time I get out at a better time.  I just have to think of what my goals are and how I can reach them.  

No comments: