Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Do the hard stuff first.

I had to make a note to talk about this.  I am listening to a podcast and I think this is a concept.  It was from the podcast, 5AM Miracle with Jeff Sanders.

So it's Saturday morning and it's time to do an update on this blog. As I sit here I think about it, do the hard stuff first, what does it really mean. How many times have you said oh I wil quick run to the gym later or I will do that when I'm done with work? I know I have done this many times and as I sit here right now I say I will quick to a blog have a cup of coffee oh maybe I should take a shower and the next thing I know I forgot to work out. Is that really I forgot to work out or is it that I thought of another way to avoid working out?

As you know I am pretending to train for the 5K in Union Grove. I say pretend because if I was really devoted I would be up hitting those 3 miles every morning. The day of a 5K should not be the first day you are doing 3 miles. When we think about how great we feel afterwords we need to remember that feeling.

So why do I want to talk about doing the hard stuff first? I am looking at a way of getting things done. With enough excuses we can avoid anything. What we want to do is we want to have a plan get prepared and do it. I better test this out for these last two weeks to see if I become more consistent by going for a jog first thing in the morning. Getting out there and getting it done is the hardest thing for me. If I don't work out first thing in the morning I spend the rest of the day thinking of excuses of why I should avoid it today and start over fresh tomorrow.

I want to be your cheerleader and say you can do it if I can do it you can do it!

I need to bring this to it an end so I can get a workout done. I did load my iPod with a book on tape I really want to listen to so it's time to get the hard stuff done and get on with my day.

Lynn

OK I got it done.  I have 6240 steps in.  I did jog part of it and there is sweat dripping down my face.  I should do some kettlebell swings because I am now in the mood.

No comments: