Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stuffed mushroom caps

This is something I really like. I should send it to my weightloss friends and see how it stacks up. So I use some creamcheese about 1/4 cup soften and add some melty type cheese chopped onion, You can also add garlic S & P. When you cook you have to feel the food and add what you like. I then use my chopper and chop spinach, lots of it. So far with the cream cheese and melty cheese you have a really high calorie to nutrition mixture so the spinach is how you are going to make this big food. I add a lot of spinach, so stir it in. You are now going to put this on large portabella mushroom caps or scoop out zucchini like a boat. Bake and enjoy. I think I baked this about 10-15 min. You need to just make the mushroom tender. I have done this with both the large and small zucchini. Because I love fresh spinach and hate that frozen stuff I like this way of adding spinach to my life. I can eat this as a meal.
If you want to know how many calories are in here add up what you are putting in the bowl and divide it by how many servings you get out of it. If I were to say 1/4 C cheese and you put in this really big 1/4 cup cheese because then it is more goowee it's not the same calories. Remember the goal is to think. There is no sneaking. It is either in there or it isn't. A big 1/4 c could be a 1/3 or 1/2. get out your scale. I like to make bigger food by adding more veggies. What am I talking about? to your cream cheese mix you can add mushroom pieces or peppers. These 2 items are great if you are making the zucchini boats.

No comments: