Friday, October 23, 2009

kind of hungry

I have to share this one with you and see what you think. You know you can always e-mail me at lynnb@stitchshoppe.com. That is my main email and I give it to you because when you want your club to have apparel you will also email me.
So back to yesterday afternoon. I had to stop and get gas and I was kind of hungry so I pulled into the kwik trip. I like the kwik trip because I know they always have fresh fruit at a good price. I do eat a lot of bananas because they are fast food. I know they are high in sugar but you tell me what is higher in sugar that banana or a chicken sandwich. I'm thinking I didn't need that bun. Anyways, The person at the counter ask me how I was and I told her I was hungry, so she preseades to tell me all the items she considers to be food that they have forsale. pizza, chicken sandwich, cheese curds, sausages of what ever kind on those rollers and the list goes on. So I tell her those items are all to high in carbs which is better that saying those items just don't provide enough nutrition for the calories. So then she tells me they also have salads.
She did a great job at up selling but why can't a banana be a snack, Now most of the time i would put some kind of nut butter on it but I was driving and it ws about 4:00 and I would still be eating dinner tonight. I had to stop into the herbelest the other because I was feeling sick and he asked, Does meal have to be a 9 coures dinner? I thought about this and no it doesn't. His a vegan I think. I am a meat eater. He thought you could have beans and rice. I thought about it and that would be fine. Put the both of them in a measuring cup because remember our goal is to lose weight and put a salad with it. Infact what I would do is put the beans and rice on the salad with some salsa and then have some kind of fruit.
I forgot where I was going with this but lesson to learn:
1. Store people are there to sell you things not watch your health. That's your job.
2. It's OK to think outside of the box. The store clerk doesn't always make the best choices. She did not ask what I ate yesterday, what I already ate today and what I planned to still eat. She didn't think about what nutrition I was missing and needed. She did not think. I did and I know from the past that a couple of banans or an apple is just enough to carry me over till dinner which I enjoyed with my husband.
Word of warning don't be afraid of bananas and grapes. When you compare what the sugar in them does to you compared some other high carb items I will eat the banana. Check with someone that know if you have some special needs but I think nut butters slow dowm how fast the banana is broken down and absorbed into the body. It does have to be broken down and unlike juices it doesn't go directly into the bloodstream.
Have a great day and think before you eat.
Lynn

No comments: